Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Supporting the Fellow Expats

Dear Reader,

I’ve been lucky enough to know a few local artists. I’m fortunate enough to be married to a writer, someone who understands the process and the pains of writing, editing, and trying to get published. But I also know others in the art community - everything from television personalities to art teachers to video artists. Though we all don’t work together, we do make a sort of family. It’s like we’re expats, encountering one another in some smoky bar in a foreign land. We recognize each other, we share a few stories, we find comfort in what we share, and even though we go out to face the hard and alien landscape alone we still support one another.

Today I have the pleasure of supporting one of my fellow artists. Earl Harris has to be one of the most stylish gentlemen I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. He’s got three videos out, supporting a hip-hop radio station. Take a look!

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

I'll share more of Earl's work when I get the opportunity!

No comments: