Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yodora Deodorant Cream

There was a time when deodorant didn't come in convenient stick, roll-on, or spray form. No, you bought a tub or tube and smeared it on like calamine lotion. This was the era of Yodora. No, Yodora wasn't the twisted offspring of Yoda and Doris Day, it was a deodorant cream manufactured by McKesson and Robbins, Inc., a company that still is in the health and beauty business to this day.

The ad? Well, I would think that one of the three main deodorant problems might be the failure to hid pit-stink, but maybe I'm way off base. I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen armpit pimples mentioned as a problem or otherwise. It seems like all of the problems Yodora professes to solve were remedied by better applicators.

I love the bit about "never rots clothes". What, that can actually  happen? Put your deodorant on and suddenly your clothes get the zombie disease and rot on the spot? I have to say, woah...cool! No wonder it got the Good Housekeeping seal of approval!

No comments: