Thursday, February 6, 2014

Etiquet!

Etiquette! As a part of my writing, I've developed an interest in the subject of etiquette which means I actually did know that it's not considered appropriate to respond with "pleased to meet you" when introduced. According to most etiquette books the proper response is "how do you do". Then again, it's not proper etiquette to talk about bodily odors...


Etiquet (yup, spelled incorrectly) was another early deodorant that came in a tin. I'm a little surprised by the claim that you only need to reapply it every three days, that seems a little...infrequent. Then again, maybe things just were a lot smellier back in the forties. Again we see the promise that the product won't rot clothing. The same thing appeared in the Yodora ad I featured a couple of weeks ago which makes me wonder exactly what's in these products. Were they making deodorant out of battery acid? If it's powerful enough to eat through your blouse it's probably good that it's antiseptic!

No comments: