Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kicking Off the Thanksgiving Season


The holiday season is upon us again, over the hills and through the woods and all that stuff, Thanksgiving is near again! I thought I'd start the season with this lovely cover from the November 29, 1900 issue of Life Magazine. I feature a lot of artwork from the early issues of Life Magazine, but they really are striking and they cater to my love of the art nouveau style. This particular cover reminds me of Mucha with the stylized chrysanthemums in the Indian maiden's hair and the simplified, natural lines.

With the holidays approaching, you can look for new editions of Singing for Thanksgiving Dinner (starting today) and A Little Christmas Music (coming in December). I hope you enjoy both as much as I enjoy searching through the internet archives for the material!

No comments: