Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thanksgiving Dinner - Creme Yvette Pancakes


I'm not sure the name "French Pancake Yvette" is very fitting when the Creme Yvette is just used as a substitute for syrup, but I guess it could be a struggle to find a non-cocktail application for the violet flavored liquor. According to the maker's website, Creme Yvette's history begins in the late 19th century. As the ad indicates, it was produced by the Sheffield Company out of Connecticut. Cocktail culture has brought the art nouveau-era back from extinction and it's now produced by the Cooper Spirits Company out of France.

I'm not sure if I'll be trying the pancake recipe for Thanksgiving breakfast, but I'm definitely going to do a version of the Cream Cups French Style. More once I've given it a go.

No comments: