Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Minute Rice!

Minute Rice, I’ve finally stumbled upon an ad for a product that actually takes up some shelf space in my pantry. The name is a misnomer, though, since it actually takes 10 – 15 minutes to cook a batch of Minute Rice. Then again, Minutes Rice doesn’t have the same ring.

What drew me to this ad was the dish on the upper right, keen for the kids. The only thing swell about this recipe is the effect it’ll have on your youngsters’ arteries. I mean, come on, bacon and rice? I can’t exactly see the kids going bonkers over breakfast colliding with a dish of Spanish rice. Then there’s the lower left, Easy ‘N Elegant! I looked at this picture for five minutes before I figured out the bean part – they’re the lifeless, blackish-green things around the edge of the lifeless pinkish things.

No comments: