Friday, August 2, 2013

Peach Month

August is Peach Month. There really isn't anything deep or revealing to say about the fact. I've never been a huge fan of peaches. I think it's their furry skin, or maybe it's the slight bitterness that creeps through the sweetness of a fresh peach. Whichever is the case, they've never risen above apples and citrus on my list.

This ad comes from the Feburary 1921 issue of Ladies' Home Journal. I couldn't find much information on California Peach Growers Inc. They published cookbooks featuring, you guessed it, peaches during the 20s and touted the virtues and convenience of dried peaches to their customers. It seems the organization operated out of Frezno, but I can't be certain.

Go out and enjoy August, and a peach, apparently it's the month for it.

No comments: