Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nervous BO!


When I see this 1940 ad for Lifebuoy soap the first thing I have to ask is whether anyone ever had calm body odor? I mean the sort where you're saying "I'm really comfortable and confident, but jeesh I stink!"

Second question, what kind of drivers are these people? Look at the car scene. I'm thinking this same imageThis scene is familiar? Where do these people live, Thunderdome? Are they commuting to a Keystone Cops convention?
could have been used in an anti-drunk driving campaign of the era. Bill though he had everything under control, little did he know demon gin was at the wheel! The copy says "Driving in traffic is a familiar example..." Familiar?

Finally, anytime I see a Lifebuoy ad there's only one thing I can think of...soap poisoning!

No comments: