Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thanksgiving Dinner - Ritz


Strikingly modern ad from 1950 featuring Andy Griffith's favorite cracker, Ritz. I remember Ritz being advertised during the Wonderful World of Disney. It probably was due to the fact that Mayberry RFD was on immediately following Disney. Recently I watched a few of the RFD episodes, its amazing what you notice when you watch a show with adult eyes. Now I can see how checked out Andy Griffith was, he was there for everyone else, but not himself.

Ritz was the cracker of choice in our house, though I'm not sure if it was due to Andy's endorsement or something else. I remember mashing them to powder and putting them in Campbell's Bean and Bacon soup. For better or worse, that simple dish will always remind me of my father and Sunday nights.

No comments: